Ahh it’s Christmas eve! And probably Christmas already for more than half of you reading this right now but over in Montreal, it’s a little past midnight!
I’ve been so busy with work and holiday prep which is why I haven’t been super present on the blog this week but as I was about to get to bed tonight…a shot of inspiration hit me to do this post.
Sure, the New Year is right around the corner and I’m excited to do a New Years Resolution post...but since it’s been such a big year, full of ups and downs, I wanted to share with you all a quick list about what I’m thankful for! That’s what the holidays are about after all right?
PLUS as a bonus, I wanted to share a mini OOTD/Night in my life when I celebrated Christmas with my best friends last night! Thought it might be fun 🙂
So let’s get into it!
. . .
17 Things I’m Thankful For in 2017!
- Robbie, my boyfriend – I can’t imagine life without him and no matter how many years go by, I love him even more and become more and more thankful for the fact this guy fell into my life almost 6 years ago.
- My best friends for always being there for me through all the hard moments my family went through this year – and all the ups they cheered me on for. These girls are my anchor!!
- My mom, her good health, and for being so strong after surviving a stroke back in the summer. Life would not be the same if that day had gone differently for the worse.
- My grandmother’s health and her courage for going into surgery and coming out of it tumor free. The news and wait was devastating but the ending was the best it could have possibly been. A month later she’s already racing around in her walker.
- Graduating college with a degree in literature
- Having the opportunity to work in a game studio
- My awesome and hilarious team at Dagwoods who was there for me every time whether I had a sick family member or a big date night and also for inviting me back with open arms after adventuring out into a new job!
- My dad, for always knowing how to soothe and make me laugh with his ridiculous jokes and voices.
- My aunt, for being my Toronto tour-guide every summer, being there for long chats and life updates over the phone and making every second spent with her the most fun!
- Getting to express myself through my first 2 tattoos which I love!
- Having the courage to partake in my first volunteering experience – MIGS 2017 was a terrifying leap for a hermit and a giant leap for a wannabe game writer.
- The opportunity to take an editing class this winter and learning to many new tactics and exercises!
- Having this year off to focus on myself and my writing.
- Getting to spoil my family and friends a little this year – I love surprising them!
- This blog!! For being my creative outlet and a place I can come to to write about anything!
- ALL OF YOU <3 for making this blog possible and motivating me to keep this going and encouraging me to share my thoughts.
- Having the chance to celebrate Christmas with the people who mean the most to me <3
. . .
Soo last night, my friends Kimberly and Robyn and I decided to celebrate Christmas/end of their semester by doing a gift exchange and going out to a pub for dinner! I’m so sorry for the quality of pics – there was literally a snow storm going on xD – but I really wanted to bring you guys with me!
So we went to this place called Cunninghams in St.Annes. It’s a cozy casual place on a boardwalk full of little random shops and a ton of food options!
I recently got new Timberlands just in time for the storms we’ve been having lately so I wore those with my cozy roots socks, leggings and a sweatshirt! I ended up getting an Apple Cider drink with an Irish stew and fries which was DELICIOUS!!
My two best friends iin the entire world <3 Kimmie and Robyn, whom I’ve known since kindergarden.
So after the pub, we went back to my place and decided to play with the gift I got Robyn which was an Escape The Room themed game. Her and her boyfriend loove going on Escape The Room as dates so I thought it would be cool to get her a board game version! We thought it would be super easy buut it really had us thinking and a lot of the puzzles were clever!! We had fun 🙂 Kim got me some Lush stuff which I REALLY enjoyed today in a bubble bath and Robyn got me an Urban Outfitters gift card…currently debating on if I want decor or clothes more xP
And that was my laid-back night with my friends!
. . .
And that’s it for me tonight! Stay tuned for some more Christmas posts coming up really soon! How are you spending your holidays? Let me know in the comments down below! Happy holidays everyone <3
Photo Credit: Cover