Admist the recent stress, there has been a bit of excitement because coming up next weekend, I’ll be in Toronto! I soo welcome the break, let me tell you!
It might not be a super long flight but a 4 1/2 hour train ride is enough to make me antsy even though I love my alone time. I tend to jam pack my carry-on with lots of stuff to keep me occupied, so, I thought it would be fun to give a sneak peak into what I bring with me when I travel 🙂
. . .
What’s in my Carry-On?
- Backpack ~ I love this plaid Hershel backpack and honestly if it’s between a purse or a backpack, I’m always going to choose backpack – especially if it’s for travelling. There’s more room, more pockets and the straps make it easier to be hands free.
- Jacket ~ Sometimes the train can get seriously cold and sitting still for four hours in a freezing temp can suck. So I’ve learnt my lesson that bringing one of my plaids or sweaters is a good idea xP I was thinking of bringing this distressed jean shirt from Zara because while it has sleeves, it’s also light in case it happens to be hot…you can literally never predict this Canadian weather!
- Laptop ~ I can’t resist getting some work done or watching a good movie when I have all this spare time. Although we can’t stream on a train (which means no Netflix or YouTube :,( ) I can get some writing done or play some games like Stardew Valley which always relaxes me and makes time pass like crazy!
- Movies ~ Usually before a trip I’ll rent a couple movies to last me the trip there and back but lately I’ve been craving to rewatch some of my old favorites! I can literally watch Underworld over and over again and never be sick of it. First off, Kate Beckinsale makes a badass vampire, second Scott Speedman is amazing and the other movies were never the same without their hybrid.
- Books ~ Last summer I was reading Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ but currently I’m a little more than half way through ‘Dragonfly in Amber’ by Diana Gabaldon. I also keep meaning to get through some Teen Vogue issues! Their recent singer spreads have been great ❤ Last year I even brought some of my Korean workbooks and it was actually really relaxing to play some music and do some lessons 🙂
- Snacks ~ While it’s not in the picture, I’ve shown that bringing a lunch is so essential to me travelling. I’m definitely one of those people that eat when they’re bored and not only can train food be overpriced but it’s not really that great or healthy either. So I usually like to bring small things like veggies, granola bars!
So those are all my essentials when I’m on the train! Small other stuff include sunglasses and of course my music but yeah that’s pretty much it 🙂 I’m usually pretty good at packing clothes/shoes because I tend to make enough outfits out of a select few pieces but…my carry on is always the heaviest of my bags!
What do you guys like to bring on your travels? What’s the longest you’ve ever been stuck on a plane/train/bus etc? Let me know in the comments down below! 🙂 That’s it for tonight, goodnight all.