Hope your Easter holiday (if you celebrate,) was awesome!
I’ve been nominated for another couple awards this past week or so and first of all, I just really need to say thank you. I started this blog so inspired but really unsure if people would even be interested in what I had to say and you’ve all proved me wrong with that! The blogging community is such an amazing place and I feel at home here. So thank you for the friendship, the support and taking the time to read my content. It means the world <3
This time around, I’ve been nominated by Kali Borovic for The Cramm Award!
For The Cramm Award:
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Share three people and three things that motivate you to blog
- Share how you will change the world
- Answer the bonus question
- And tag other bloggers
3 THINGS THAT MOTIVATE ME TO BLOG:
- I need to have a creative outlet. Ever since I was a kid, writing was always my way to express myself and be creative or say what I was feeling/thinking. Writing fiction is my favorite thing but blogging is therapeutic too.
- Connecting with others. I love meeting new people in different parts of the world. Maybe it’s the fact that I come from a smaller town where I’ve known everyone since kindergarden or younger, but I’m so curious about the world, other cultures and especially languages. So blogging is a great way to dive into that!
- My obsessions. I can talk about the things I love for ages. New game out? Don’t expect me to be social for the next few weeks. New books just came out? Well, guess I’m broke for the next while and definitely not studying. If I get obsessed with a look on pinterest, I’ll hunt it down. This blog has become such a fun place to express all of that to people who are just as obsessed and get me!
THREE PEOPLE WHO MOTIVATE ME TO BLOG:
- My family was so supportive when I first showed them the blog. I had the blog up for almost all of February but never made it public until the end of the month because I needed it to be perfect. I just couldn’t take that jump right away. I was afraid of failing until my mom told me how she loved the look, my dad insisted on reading all of the posts I’d written so far and my aunt told me how much of an awesome idea she thought it was. There support means the world.
- My boyfriend is the same. Being my best friend and my other half, I don’t know what I’d do without his support, brainstorming sessions and being there in general whenever I need him, life would certainly not be the same!
- You, yes you, reading this! When I started this, I told myself it wasn’t about the views. And it’s still not. It’s like that saying my grandfather always use to say; ‘It’s better to have a smaller group of friends that mean everything than a big group of friends that mean nothing.’ Now, were almost at 1,000 views and 100 followers! It’s unbelievable to think that this just started as a tiny self-expression project and in just a few months, I’ve come to love so many blogs and the brilliant, creative people behind them! You guys, who take the time to read my posts and follow my blog are everything!!
HOW I WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD:
I haven’t talked about it just yet, but I hope to help anyone who stumbles onto my blog feel more comfortable in their own skin. When I was first in high school (and earlier,) I wasted so much time trying to fit into a mold that I didn’t really feel comfortable in my own skin. I didn’t do things I liked for a long time because I was scared that it wasn’t cool. I was called ‘too skinny’ even though I was an athlete and perfectly healthy so I spent all my money on clothes that covered me up. I hope that this blog brings people who have things in common together and show them that being yourself is cool and enough – you don’t have to follow others to do that so do what you want to do and be what you want to be.
Bonus Question: If you had to pick another topic to blog about, besides the one your currently do, what would it be?
If I had any talent in these topics at all, I’d totally make a beauty and hair blog! Crazy, complicated braids, gorgeous makeup looks that somehow also look natural…send me some of that skill! I love looking at makeup looks and there’s infinite possibilities when it comes to hair, but me being a beauty guru was just not meant to be :p
Challenge question for nominees: If you had 1,000$ to do to a haul on any one thing, what would it be? (clothes, books, food, furniture, crafts etc)
…And of course, anyone else who would like to do this tag! This tag was so much fun and again, thank you to all who take the time to wander around my blog and give my stuff a read – you’re the best! Have a good week and see you next time!